Utah law requires that parents filing for divorce attend two classes. Where possible, these classes will be combined. Class schedules are available HERE
- The Divorce Orientation Course (1 hour)
- The orientation course educates parties about divorce and its alternatives. The course informs the parties about:
- Resources to improve or strengthen the marriage.
- Resources to resolve custody and support issues without filing for divorce.
- The positive and negative consequences of divorce.
- Procedural options in a divorce, including mediation, collaborative law, and litigation.
- Discussion about the divorce process.
- Post-divorce resources in Utah
- Alternatives to divorce based on many situations
- The Educational Course class for Divorcing Parents (2 hour)
The education course assists parents to understand their children’s reactions to their divorce and to help their children adjust to it. Parents learn how children of different ages express their pain and loss and the best parenting methods for helping them cope during and after the divorce. Some of the topics discussed are:
**Grieving states common to divorce.
**How children experience divorce. What to expect from a child based on their developmental age, and how to help a child adjust to the divorce.
**Helpful ways to communicate with a child about the divorce. What children need to know and what they don’t need to know.
**Parental behavior that promotes good self-esteem in children. Encouraging and supporting expression of your child’s feelings.
**How and why conflict between parents creates stress for children. How to decrease the conflict children are exposed to.
**The financial and legal aspects of divorce.
Contact Our Ogden Divorce Lawyer and Ogden Family Law Attorney Vincent Stevens for More Information today: 801-436-5757
If you have any questions regarding the divorce education requirements for parents divorcing in salt lake city or other surrounding cities in Utah, please call us today and speak with one of our Ogden Divorce Attorneys. Call us today at 801-436-5757